Without further ado, here's how my 2015 went:
Spring in Korea: The Land of Vanity and My Oppas
I am no exception to those who have been hooked to Korean dramas (Koreanovelas). I actually don't know how many I've watched already. You know those fairytale-like stories and dreamy oppas, we ladies secretly wished they'll happen to us haha! Maybe that's why it is addictive.
|Gwanghwamun Gate of the Gyeongbokgung Palace|
|spring is my new favorite season :)|
Summer in Palawan: Spend Time with People that Matter the Most
For my Dad's 60th Birthday, we decided to celebrate in Puerto Princesa. It has been my siblings and I's tradition to treat our parents annually on a summer trip.
|Well hello again, Underground River!|
|Honda Bay island hopping|
Autumn in Europe: Because Dreams Do Come True
On my last year's post, I mentioned about why I lessened my travels. It is because I wanted to save for something bigger and to focus on that goal. And this was it! All my sacrifices and perseverance paid off. I can't tell you how ecstatic I am the moment it started to come true! :)
|Fallin' in Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic|
|the Eiffel moment is real!|
I was able to try those decadent Belgian chocolates while on a 7-hour layover in Brussels en route to Prague. To-die-for!
|Belgian chocolates! when in Brussels :)|
|The Astronomical Clock in Old Town Square, Prague|
|the charming city of Wroclaw, Poland|
|standing in front of the Colosseo in Rome|
|blessed to see and hear the Pope's blessing in St. Peter's Square, Vatican City|
|rainy stroll at Plaza de Espana in Seville, Spain|
|appreciating the old and new in Lisbon, Portugal|
|I left my heart in Porto...|
Winter in Hong Kong and Macau: Where I Started and Where Things Ended
I still have some leave credits left at the office, so why not use all of them? Before the year ended, I embarked on a week-long trip to HK and Macau.
|in Harbourfront, Kowloon, Hong Kong|
|night stroll in Macau|
Definitely, the highlight of my 2015 was my Euro trip. I wished for it in the lantern in Chiang Mai and when I saw shooting stars in the desert of India, I whispered it to the sacred mountain of Tawi-Tawi (Bud Bongao), I earnestly prayed for it every chance I get. The universe heard my wish and the Lord answered my prayer. I'm so thankful to you, 2015!
For an ordinary girl like me, it wasn't easy to achieve so I am very grateful that it finally happened. Paulo Coelho was right. When you really want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. Thank you, Universe! :)
Lessons from 2015:
- Just go for it. No matter how unattainable you think your goal is. Take chances. A lot of it. You will never know, if you won't try.
- Do it now. You will thank yourself for doing the things you really wanted now. Don't delay your dreams. The future is promised to no one.
- Don't be scared to be alone. Me-time. It is one of the best things you can give to yourself. A time for just you and only you. It may sound selfish but it will actually make you wiser, stronger and more independent. You will realize that you can be happy without attachment to anyone or anything. After all, happiness should come from within yourself. And I think loving yourself once in a while isn't selfish.
- Give time to the people you love. 2015 also gave me the opportunity to travel with my family, friends and significant other all on different occasions. Solo travel is life enriching but sharing unique experiences with your loved-ones is also priceless.
- Always do a Reality Check. When everything is rosy and all your dreams are coming true, don't forget to look at everything and everyone around you. Do you still have time for them? Sometimes, we were too happy and excited we become blinded we didn't see anything else.
2015 had been amazing for me. I can't thank God enough for the blessings He showered me throughout the year. But of course it's not always rainbows and butterflies. Sometimes a part of your life will be roses, other parts will be thorns. But I am standing still. I chose to be and will always be a wildflower. ;)
Like wildflowers; you must allow yourself to grow in all places people thought you never would.